Pacific Northwest National Laboratory – Research Computing
Research Computing at PNNL supports a range of scientific projects with world-class equipment and consulting. One of the key goals of Research Computing is to remove barriers to innovation via access to compute capabilities.
- Compute and Data Platforms
- Large High Performance Computing platforms – PNNL’s Constance / Deception supercomputer is capable of running parallel applications requiring up to thousands of compute cores. These calculations span areas including molecular dynamics, climate, and fluid flow calculations. The system can be used for high throughput computing with large data sets or large numbers of serial runs.
- Various GPU machine learning platforms (nVidia and IMB Power 9 architectures)
- Public and private cloud environments
- Scientific data management and storage platforms and data transfer
- Support and Expertise – Research Computing staff at PNNL are available to support researchers in a variety of areas, including:
- Data management plan development support
- Scientific code optimization for parallel execution
- Computing infrastructure support and architecture
Point of Contact:
Nichole Sather - firstname.lastname@example.org