How to Apply
Please read the TEAMER Rules and Regulations prior to applying to a TEAMER Request for Technical Support.
Applicants are required to have consulted with their preferred facility prior to applying for TEAMER assistance. Approved testing and expertise facilities can be found on the TEAMER Facility Network page. Applicants should discuss the feasibility of their proposed assistance, as well as timelines and availability, with facility managers to ensure their projects are within the facility’s capabilities. The TEAMER Network Director will verify with facility managers that this step has been completed.
When ready, download the TEAMER Request for Technical Support Application from the TEAMER Application page (applications will be available once the application period opens). Follow the rules on the form to complete your application. There is capability within the form to attach visual aids to provide additional content to the application. Upon completion of the application, it can then be submitted online after agreeing to the comply with the TEAMER Rules.
Applications will be reviewed by a team of independent reviewers using the criteria listed below. These criteria should be considered when filling out the application.
Technical Feasibility – 60% weight
- Is the proposed work plan technically feasible and is it clear the applicant understands the technical challenges of the proposed work?
- The application includes a clear description of the applicant’s technology, objectives of technical assistance, and type of support.
- Letter of Response from the facility confirms feasibility of activity.
- TEAMER assistance builds off previously completed work and is a logical next step for applicant.
- Level of competence of the user group
Impact and Relevance – 40% weight
- Relevance to end-use market
- Overall value/impact to the MRE industry
- Overall value/impact to the applicant
- Likelihood that TEAMER support will advance the state of marine energy technology and scientific knowledge and/or improve the technology
- Likelihood of success
Upon completion of the review period (within approximately 60 days of the closing of the application period), the Network Director will notify applicants on the status of their RFTS. Chosen applicants will then be required to submit a completed TEAMER Test Plan. Only upon approval of the test plan can assistance activities commence.