NREL performs R&D and economic analyses to drive and empower the development of wave energy and tidal, ocean, and river current energy technologies that will deliver renewable electricity to the grid and provide energy solutions that support the evolving “blue economy.”
NREL’s wide range of numerical modeling tools and computing resources allow our scientists and engineers to study the performance of wave energy systems at unprecedented levels of detail, helping to enable the development of innovative and robust system designs.
- Wave energy conversion modeling
- Wave array and system integration analysis
- Variable Geometry and Controls
- Current energy system design tools
- High-performance computing
- MHKiT data ingesting, quality controlling, processing, visualizing, and managing capabilities